17 Mar How can CSP contribute to the European Energy Transition?
Date(s) - 17/03/2020
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Concentrated solar power (CSP) has the ability to provide dispatchable power to the grid due to its inherent thermal storage and is therefore expected to play an important role in the European energy transition with an increasing share of fluctuating renewable energy in the grid(s). Furthermore, it can deliver high temperature process heat for industrial applications. This workshop aims to highlight this potential to energy stakeholders for the development a European sustainable energy system and create a forum for information exchange among experts in the energy sector.
15:00 – 17:00 Presentations
- Climate change challenges for the EU and the role of CSP in mitigation (M. Blanco, Cyprus Institute)
- The Current Perspective for CSP in Europe (ESTELA)
- CSP in Morocco (H. Bouzekri, MASEN)
- CSP – the US experience (A. Shultz, DoE)
- Beyond power: CST for high temperature industrial process heat (P. Furler, Synhelion),
17:00 – 18:00 Panel Discussion
Presentation available to download: https://www.solarpaces.org/csp-european-energy-transition/